The weekend is lastly right here.
Throughout a busy information week, Panic at the Disco introduced they had been splitting up, water allegedly from Disney World’s Splash Mountain popped up on the market on Ebay after the trip closed and dolphins were spotted in the Bronx River for the primary time in years.
Additionally, Oscar nominations were announced, we discovered about pitfalls that could delay your tax refund and the world mourned the deaths of Sesame Road co-creator Lloyd Morrisett and Randy Gonzalez of TikTok’s Enkyboys.
However that is not practically all.
Under is our weekly Saturday Six, a recap of half a dozen information tales — in no explicit order — starting from the heartfelt to the bizarre to the tragic, and every part in between.
- M&M’s put its spokescandies on “indefinite pause” in wake of uproar over modifications to the inexperienced M&M. From the story: The corporate mentioned Monday they now see “even a sweet’s footwear might be polarizing,” which was the very last thing they wished. Subsequently, they’ve determined to take an “indefinite pause” from the spokescandies, and of their place, actress Maya Rudolph will turn out to be spokesperson. Watch extra within the video above.
- Archaeologists uncovered a golden secret inside mouth of 17th-century socialite “who didn’t have a very good status.” From the story: Scientists have found the long-buried secret of a Seventeenth-century French aristocrat 400 years after her loss of life: she was utilizing gold wire to maintain her enamel from falling out.
- Tennessee students created a robotic hand for a brand new classmate. From the story: With entry to on-line fashions and a 3D printer, the group — which did not even know if their plan would work — hit a house run. Utilizing the prosthetic, Peralta was in a position to catch a baseball together with his proper hand for the primary time.
- Some customers say tip requests are getting out of hand. From the story: Some fed-up customers are posting rants on social media complaining about tip requests at drive-thrus, whereas others say they’re bored with being requested to go away a gratuity for a muffin or a easy cup of espresso at their neighborhood bakery. What’s subsequent, they marvel — are we going to be tipping our medical doctors and dentists, too?
- A research advised the Earth’s inner core may be spinning in the other direction. From the story: Earth’s interior core, a scorching iron ball the scale of Pluto, has stopped spinning in the identical path as the remainder of the planet and would possibly even be rotating the opposite approach, analysis advised on Monday.
- Lastly, a lawsuit is alleging that Fireball Cinnamon mini bottles are “misleading” because they don’t contain whiskey. From the story: In reality, the drink is a malt beverage flavored to style like whiskey, a lot to the dismay of Anna Marquez — the Illinois girl who’s suing Sazerac Firm, the maker of Fireball, for “deceptive” packaging.
See you subsequent week. Till then, observe CBS Information on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Thanks for reading CBS NEWS.
Create your free account or log in
for more features.