A batch of roasted beets is the right addition to scrumptious and wholesome meals! They’re earthy candy, add vibrant colour, and are a dietary powerhouse.
I’ve been cooking with beets for so long as I can bear in mind. Their vibrant colour is a nod to their vitamins (howdy betalains!) and I get pleasure from them in common rotation as a easy aspect dish, topped on salads, or blended into soups or smoothies like my creamy beet soup, apple carrot beet smoothie, or golden beet smoothie.
However, it began with my roasted beet hummus years in the past, which was a part of my winter meal prep. Let’s backtrack now and give attention to what made that hummus so good — this roasted beets recipe! When roasted, the beets develop into additional candy, additional tender, and the right constructing block for wholesome meals.
Roasted Beets Elements
The one ingredient you want for roasted beets is effectively, beets! You don’t even want olive oil, salt or pepper. Although you’ll be able to definitely serve them just a little zhuzhed up (I’ve received a number of concepts under).
However ensure to seize contemporary, in-season bundles! Whereas they’re technically accessible all yr spherical, their prime time is through the winter once you’ll discover them wealthy in taste and colour, with massive, deep inexperienced leaves.
Useful tip: Don’t toss the beet stems! They’re nice for a fast and simple sautéed aspect dish with some garlic and salt. Yow will discover this particular sautéed beet greens recipe in my Healthy Meal Prep cookbook!
Discover the printable recipe with measurements under
How To Roast Beets
Roasting beets is kind of easy. However there are some things to be careful for when getting ready and roasting. Right here’s the way to roast them:
Prep the beets. Slice off the vast majority of the beet stem, however go away about 1 to 2 inches. Then gently wash them and scrub off any extra grime.
Bake the beets. Place the beets in an oven-safe small Dutch oven or casserole dish with a lid. Be certain to line your dish with parchment paper for simple clean-up and to stop staining because the beets will ooze a bit! Bake them lined for 1 hour at 400°F (200°C), or till they’re knife-tender when pierced.
Facet notice: You possibly can rub the beets with oil earlier than baking when you’d like, but it surely’s not needed since we’re steaming them with a lid.
Prep and slice the beets. As soon as the beets have cooled to the contact, slice the remaining stems off. Place them underneath working water and gently use your fingers to rub the pores and skin off (when you’d like, you too can use gloves or a paper towel to stop staining). Then, slice the beets into quarters for serving!
Useful tip: Bear in mind that your fingers and reducing board can stain simply from dealing with the beets! So ensure to scrub your fingers and reducing board instantly afterwards.
Methods to Serve Roasted Beets
- The only method — Toss the beets with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and add them to a bowl to serve!
- Add goat cheese — That is one among my favourite aspect dishes to make. Simply add little spoonfuls of goat cheese to the bowl and sprinkle some contemporary herbs on prime. The mixture is magical.
- Make a beet salad — Apart from topping the beets on a leafy inexperienced salad, you too can make them the star ingredient! I like to toss them with some oil, purple onion, contemporary herbs, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Then sprinkle crushed pistachios or different nuts on prime!
- To retailer for the week: Having a batch of roasted beets readily available is a superb meal prep ingredient! Retailer them in a bag or hermetic container within the fridge for 4 to five days.
- To freeze for later: After putting in an hermetic container (I like to recommend glass to stop staining), they’ll hold for as much as 3 months within the freezer!
Extra Simple Roasted Greens
I hope you get pleasure from these roasted beets as a lot as I do! When you make them, I’d like to understand how they prove within the remark field under.
Simple Roasted Beets
A batch of roasted beets is the right addition to scrumptious and wholesome meals! They’re candy, vibrant, and a dietary powerhouse.
- Don’t toss these beet greens! They’re scrumptious sauteed (much like sauteed spinach) and tremendous wholesome. I’ve a recipe for them in my Healthy Meal Prep cookbook.
Energy: 35kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 1g, Fats: 0.1g, Saturated Fats: 0.02g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 0.03g, Sodium: 64mg, Potassium: 267mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 27IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 13mg, Iron: 1mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.