Merely put — that is the very best carrot ginger soup you’ll ever make. It’s a mesh of heat winter flavors, has a clean velvety texture, and boasts many dietary advantages.
Wanting again at my recipe index, it’s apparent I’ve a love for carrots and ginger. I usually whip up a carrot dish, like my French carrot salad or honey glazed carrots, throughout chilly climate months after I’m making an attempt to get extra colour on my plate (gotta love beta-carotene). After which I lean in direction of ginger after I want an immunity enhance – particularly my ginger shots!
So with these two components, I’d say this carrot ginger soup recipe is kind of the dietary powerhouse. Plus, it tastes ridiculously good and is tremendous straightforward to make. A mixture that may’t be overwhelmed.
Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe Components
This recipe comes collectively superbly with seven easy components. Right here’s what you will want:
- Greens: Carrots, ginger, and onion work collectively to make the soup deliciously candy and warming.
- Broth: Use a vegetable broth to maintain the recipe fully vegan/vegetarian. If that’s not vital to you, then be at liberty to make use of rooster broth.
- Spices and Aromatics: A contact of cinnamon, salt, and a bay leaf are all you want.
Useful tip: Make your carrot ginger soup additional particular by swirling in coconut cream and topping it with crispy shallots, pine nuts, and chopped cilantro!
Discover the printable recipe with measurements beneath
How To Make Carrot Ginger Soup
There’s solely two essential steps to this recipe: roast and mix. Right here is how to do this:
Cook dinner the onions and garlic. Over medium warmth, prepare dinner the onions till they’re translucent. Then add the ginger and garlic, and prepare dinner for an additional minute or so.
Cook dinner the carrots. Add the carrots and prepare dinner for 10 minutes. Be certain that to stir them round often whereas cooking.
Add the remainder of the components and simmer. Add the broth, bay leaf, cinnamon, and salt to the pot. Convey to a boil, then let it simmer for 20 to half-hour till the carrots are gentle.
Mix the soup. Take away the bay leaf and mix the soup with an immersion blender or switch it to a high-powered blender. The consequence must be a wonderfully pureed and velvety clean soup.
Benefit from the carrot ginger soup all by itself, or prime it with a swirl of coconut cream, crispy shallots, toasted pine nuts, and cilantro. It’s as much as you!
What To Serve With Carrot Soup
- In case you’re seeking to slurp this alongside a heat, hearty protein dish, my crispy baked chicken thighs, baked chicken breast, garlic butter shrimp, or baked salmon, will all style scrumptious.
- In case you like a great outdated soup and salad mixture, this soup pairs properly with my kale apple salad, wild rice and arugula salad, roasted red pepper and chickpea salad, or za’atar roasted cauliflower.
I love to meal prep soups for the week — they’re straightforward to make and retailer away!
- To get pleasure from all through the week: Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 to five days.
- To freeze for later: Pour any leftovers into freezer-safe containers (like my favourite Souper Cubes). They’ll preserve for as much as 3 months within the freezer! Then if you’re able to eat, you may heat it again on the stovetop or within the microwave.
Extra Wholesome Soup Recipes
Take advantage of different winter components by turning them into these soups! And when you want extra inspiration, try my checklist of comforting soup recipes.
Get again on a wholesome kick and preserve this carrot ginger soup in rotation. When you make it, I’d love to listen to your ideas within the remark field beneath!
Carrot Ginger Soup
That is the very best carrot ginger soup! It is easy, wholesome and a scrumptious mesh of heat winter flavors that boasts many dietary advantages!
Energy: 186kcal, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 3g, Fats: 8g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 5g, Sodium: 1680mg, Potassium: 799mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 14g, Vitamin A: 38393IU, Vitamin C: 16mg, Calcium: 92mg, Iron: 1mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
This recipe was initially posted November 2015, however up to date to incorporate new pictures and data.