For oatmeal followers — this berry baked oatmeal is one other scrumptious solution to get pleasure from oats for breakfast! The highest is barely golden whereas the within is mushy and loaded with a reasonably candy berry assortment.
Simply once I thought overnight oats or the traditional stovetop oatmeal had been my favorites, this berry baked oatmeal proves its value. Particularly whenever you’ve received a couple of individual on the breakfast desk! It’s simply sliceable into 6 parts and will be jazzed up with a fast dollop of creamy yogurt.
So sure — I’d say this wholesome baked oatmeal recipe is one other perennial winner for breakfast meal prep. Simply heat it up (with elective toppings) and revel in it with a sizzling cup of coffee or matcha to get your day began on a great notice!
Berry Baked Oatmeal Recipe Substances
Consider this as a breakfast casserole dish, however in oatmeal kind! Right here’s what you’ll want.
- Oats: Stick to old style rolled oats for one of the best texture. And when you’re gluten-free like me, make certain to all the time seize a bag of licensed gluten-free oats!
- Berries: I’m utilizing frozen blended berries for this recipe. However you might additionally use recent berries, particularly after they’re in season!
- Nuts: Sliced almonds assist so as to add a bit extra texture and crunch to the oatmeal base.
- Liquid Substances: A mixture of eggs, maple syrup or honey, vanilla extract, melted butter or oil, and milk (dairy or dairy-free) binds the oatmeal collectively.
- Baking Necessities: Slightly baking soda, salt, and a splash of cinnamon finishes it off.
If you wish to swap a few of the components…
- Change up the fruits. As an alternative of berries, you’ll be able to attempt utilizing another frozen fruits of your selection! I extremely advocate mangos, banana, or peaches (I’ve a peaches and cream model in my cookbook!).
- Use totally different nuts. If you happen to’re not a fan of almonds, you can even use chopped walnuts, pecans, or your favourite nuts.
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under
How To Make Baked Oatmeal
Earlier than beginning, seize a 9-inch sq. baking dish. Then gently grease the within so the oatmeal doesn’t stick whenever you’re scooping it out!
Combine the dry components. In a big bowl you’ll stir collectively the oats, sliced almonds, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
Stir the moist components collectively. In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the milk, honey, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
Mix all the pieces collectively. Pour the moist combination into the dry, add the frozen berries, and stir all the pieces collectively. If you happen to begin to discover the berries turning the liquid purple, that’s completely nice!
Prep and bake the casserole. Switch the combination to the baking dish and high it with further berries and almonds. Then bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 375°F (190°C). Make certain to let it cool a bit earlier than slicing!
- To retailer: Retailer any leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for 4 to five days.
- To freeze: Yep, baked oatmeal is freezable! Make certain to slice the oatmeal into parts earlier than storing them in a freezer-safe container for as much as 3 months. This can make reheating a breeze!
- For reheating: Thaw every frozen portion within the fridge in a single day. Then bake uncovered with aluminum foil in a 350°F(180°C) oven for 15 to twenty minutes. You can even reheat within the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or till warmed via.
Baked Oatmeal Recipe Video
Wish to see how I make this in my kitchen? Watch the video under!
Extra Breakfast Concepts
Need some new concepts to modify up your breakfast routine? Listed here are a number of scrumptious and wholesome breakfast ideas to make mornings thrilling once more!
I hope you (and your family and friends) love this berry baked oatmeal for breakfast! Let me know the way it turned out in a remark under.
Berry Baked Oatmeal
This berry baked oatmeal is the proper breakfast meal prep! It is golden on the surface, mushy on the within and loaded with candy berries.
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9-inch sq. baking dish.
In a big bowl, stir collectively the oats, ½ cup of almonds, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk collectively the milk, honey, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
Pour the moist combination into the dry, add the frozen berries, stir all of it collectively, after which switch the combination to the baking dish. If you would like, high it with a number of further frozen berries. Then sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of almonds on high.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or till set. Serve instantly plain, or high with a dollop of yogurt or a drizzle of maple syrup.
Energy: 314kcal, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 9g, Fats: 14g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g, Monounsaturated Fats: 6g, Trans Fats: 0.2g, Ldl cholesterol: 65mg, Sodium: 404mg, Potassium: 249mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 18g, Vitamin A: 227IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 151mg, Iron: 2mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.